Friday, December 21, 2007

Escape From the Rat Race!

I am out of the rat race. I no longer have to go to the same office everyday and do the same work so I can pay off my mortgage and all the other bills every month.

I don't have to report to a boss and am the master of my own destiny. No tedious Monday morning meetings with the same old people talking the same old rubbish !

I achieved this by developing multiple income streams - one of which happened to be making money by trading shares. Before we get into the development of how I started to realise I had a knack for picking wining shares, let me explain how I also developed other methods of making money.

I realised one day that working for someone else is a bit of a mugs game. Whoever you worked for, they'd only pay you enough to keep you there. Even on good salary, say 40,000, you were never going to be wealthy.

After tax it wasn't that much, and even less after paying a mortgage and other living expenses. As Dolly Parton put it:

"Working 9-5 what a way to make a living, it's enough to drive you crazy if you let it... ."

0 Comments: